The national average SNAP beneﬁt is a modest $2.03 per person, per meal. That’s simply not enough for people to feed themselves and their families with dignity.
And, SNAP plays a critical role in lifting millions of people out of poverty. That is why MAZON works to protect and strengthen SNAP, because to eat fully, freely, without stress or shame, meeting people in the wholeness of their needs and identities – that is what we all deserve.
Stories of Hunger
THE SNAP CAFÉ
Galleries & Exhibits
- 11865-1925: Hunger in the Industrial City
- 21929-1940: America in Crisis and Recovery
- 31945-1965: WWII and the Paradoxes of the Postwar Era
- 41955-1980: The Fight for the Right to Food
- 51975-1996: The Unmaking of the Great Society
- 61997-Present: How It Is — And How It Should Be